Friday, April 8, 2011

Poor Little Ted

Yesterday I had an awesome day at school. We had high fives all round.
I decided just to have fun with the kids in the afternoon, so they helped me colour for some displays for the classroom and we listened to music, then read stories.

I got home and went to check my gorgeous curious mouse Ted. He was sleeping in between his food bowl and water, not snuggled up in his nest. So I took him out to check him and gave him some food. He nibbled on some food and seemed ok so I put him back into his nest.


He climbed out of his nest and started walking into the other things in his cage and fell over. He tried to right himself, so I picked  him up and held him in my hand. He kicked his little leg out, then stopped moving.


We don't know what happened. He was his normal crazy self last night and was running up and down Nicks arms. We've been very busy and hardly home this week, with parent teacher interviews I've spent a lot of time at school. Maybe there were signs I didn't see because I was too busy?


Now I have to tell the kids that Ted died. He spent a lot of time at school with them.

7 comments:

  1. :o That's so sad! I'm sorry your little pet died. :( I'm afraid to have pets precisly because of fear that their death would kill me too. And he's such a sweetheart, I love mice, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I'm feeling like a terrible sook today. I'm used to having pets around the house and Ted was the only one we bought when we moved into our own house in Oct last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sorry to hear... I had a hamster once that peaced out unexpectedly too... :( You have nice pictures of the little guy to remember him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that hun.:( It's always hard when a pet dies. They become such a special part of everyday life, and leave a big hole when they go. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. I felt like such a cry baby today, being sad about a mouse...but he was an awesome mouse! And good thing I compulsively take pictures of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about Ted :( I had two of my fish die suddenly a few months ago, and I still compulsively check them every morning, hoping that they're all OK. Major hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to buy a nice plant today, to bury him in the garden with.

    Then I'm going to the pet shop...I can't live with out a little furry animal at home.

    ReplyDelete