Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Better late...

Well yesterday was Anzac Day and I did special Anzac Day nails and everything...

I just forgot to post them!

Thanks So Muchness with Black Shatter (Flash)


Thanks So Muchness with Black Shatter  (Natural cloudy light)
Anzac Day commemorates the day that the Anzac Soldiers landed in Gallipoli in 1915. It's the day we remember the soldiers of WW1 and WW2. I'm part of the generation whose grandparents were in the war. My mum's dad, Toppy, was Artillery and and a Dessert Rat. My dads father, Granddad, forged his age and joined the Navy, ending up in Japan. I believe that Anzac Day is an important day of remembrance, but I'm concerned that the next generation after me will have no comprehension of why the shops are closed and why we have a day off. Unfortunately when Anzac falls in the holidays I can't teach my class at school about it either. We'll have a chat when we get back, but it's too far out of their minds to spend too much time on. They are only 6!

On Anzac Day we wear red poppies in remembrance. They're a symbol of our return servicemen. At my Granddads funeral we placed poppies on the casket. I choose to wear a gorgeous red Thanks So Muchness to represent the red poppy and because I am thankful to the men and women of WW1 and WW2. I could come up with a symbolic reason of why I decided to Shatter my red nails. I could say it was to represent the way that war shatters life...but I just did it because I really wanted to see what it looked like! and I'm not really into red nails...I think they look really good. It's a shame about my stubby nail!

In awesome news, there will be post today! w00t! Due to Easter we haven't had any mail since Thursday. I'm hoping my China Glaze Island Escapes polishes will arrive today. That would be awesome.

In other awesome news, my mum rang me on Sunday night. She was very excited because she had just used Black Shatter on her Turquoise nails. Haha. Yay Mum! It was her first time stepping away from the reds and neutrals to wear Nicole Jade in the Shade (which I gave her the other week) and she crackled it!

Jade in the Shade, The colour my mum is currently rocking with black shatter!

1 comment: