Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Generally I love publish Holidays. I love Easter and the time you get to spend with family. I love Christmas, it's my favourite time of year. This year Easter just seems like a massive let down though.

The last 3 years Easter has fallen (a.k.a the ministry of education planned for it) in the school holidays. When Easter is in term time it's awesome. We get Good Friday off and then don't go back till Wednesday. In 2008 it was awesome I was doing my first teaching experience and Easter was right in the middle of it. I got 5 days off! and we went up to Ohakune to visit my brother who was doing his Army Training. He's a medic in the army. We had an amazing few days.

This year Easter is smack bang in the middle of the holidays. Shops are closed on Friday and on Sunday and it's a public holiday on Monday. Which is generally awesome. But Anzac day and Easter Monday are on the same day this year. So we loose out on a public holiday! They don't carry one over. How lame is that?

They can give us an extra day off school if Easter is in term time but they can't carry a public holiday over...lame. Although I'll post about Anzac day tomorrow and how it's slightly cool that Anzac Day is over Easter...but only slightly!

Moan over...here's my Easter nails. Stubby break and all :(


Nyx Sunday Afternoon with China Glaze Broken Hearted
I started off with 2 coats of OPI Barefoot in Barcelona that I bored off mum. I thought a nice neutral will draw attention away from my stubby middle finger....but I needed glitz! And hey, Sunday Afternoon is very appropriately named for Easter Sunday! I was going to use Crushed Candy but then remember I still hadn't used Broken Hearted on myself...so here we are! My bright pink crackle and sparkly nails.

And here's a couple of pics of Easter at my house...

Yum yum, Easter Eggs at home. See the mini Creme Eggs!

Lindt Bunnies for my family and Nick if he's lucky and stops complaining that I didn't buy him an Easter egg!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm loving everyone's Easter manis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Everyone elses easter nails were so much more imaginative than mine!

    ReplyDelete