Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best of 2012: Mainstream Polishes

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2013 already. To think I finished high school in 2003...
I feel so old, yet I know I'm not old at all.

Anyway... I'll reminisce latter. This post is all about my favourites of 2012.

Over the next few days I have four posts lined up.
My favourite 'mainstream' polishes.
My favourite 'mainstream' collection.
My favourite 'indie' polishes.
My favourite 'indie' collection.

Today I have my favourite 'mainstream' polishes to share.
2012 was a fabulous year for polish and I found it incredibly hard to narrow down my list... so I chose 20 of my favourites. The criteria was polishes I've worn more than once and couldn't live with out!

These are in no particular order, I love them all.


Color Club Blue Heaven
Blue holo... no explanation needed!

Color Club Ho-ho-holly
Ho-ho-holly filled the green gap in my jewel tone foil collection.

OPI Is That Silva?
I had to include a magnetic! Is That Silva? is my fave. Diagonal magnet, strong contrast and holo sparkles.

China Glaze Cranberry Splash
I'm not normally a red person, but wow as soon as I received Cranberry Splash  it went straight on my nails and stayed there a good few days... then was reapplied.

China Glaze Blue Bells Ring
I don't have much to say about Blue Bells Ring other than, I am in love.

China Glaze Exotic Encounter
Exotic Encounter is the perfect murky blued green.

China Glaze I'm Not Lion
I'm Not Lion is my favourite of the bunch of fine glitters with holo that China Glaze has released this year.

Picture Polish Tease
Tease and I fell in love at first sight. All the sparkle of glitter but smooth.


China Glaze Running in Circles
As soon as I applied Running in Circles I never, ever wanted to take it off.


Picture Polish Ruby Blou
Ruby Blou is a very pretty mix of patriotic toned glitter. I love it over light blue and can't wait to try it over a pale pink.

Essie Play Date
Play Date is a gorgeous fun purple. Another I just keep going back to.

OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam
I love blues and I love the shimmer in I Don't a Rotterdam.

OPI Petal Faster Suzi
Petal Faster Suzi is the perfect delicate pink.

Sinful Colors Zeus
Zeus is stunning. The pink flash is gorgeous. Another that I just kept wearing this year!

Sinful Colors Grecian Sun
Grecian Sun is hands down my favourite blue of all time. I really need a back up bottle.

China Glaze Fast Track
I've been loving neutrals this year and Fast Track was my favourite.

China Glaze Riveting
I love wearing orange polish and Riveting is stunning. I've seen it on so many best of lists this year.

Sinful Colors Olympia
Olympia is not a colour I would have normally reached for, but as soon as I applied it I fell in love.

Essie She's Picture Perfect
She's Picture Perfect is another pink flash polish. I couldn't get enough of them this year. 

RBL Aqua Lily
And Aqua Lily. I really don't need to explain this one! LOVE!!!

1 comment: