Tuesday, September 13, 2011

OPI Movin' Out

A little while ago  I ordered OPI Movin' Out. Movin' Out was one of those polishes that has been all over the blogs lately. It is a gorgeous, though rather sheer mauve with some stunning duochrome sparkles.

I tried it out firstly by itself... disaster. It looked awesome after 4 coats but even though I painted my nails at 7.30pm and didn't go to bed until 11pm it was a mangled mess of dents and sheet marks when I woke up. Not a good look.

On Monday I decided to go with a fall creme, Janna from Zoyas autumn collection.

Zoya Janna (2 coats)
By Monday night I was feeling bored with Janna and longing for something a little more springtastic. That's when I saw my bottle of Movin' Out and inspiration hit me. Janna was the perfect base for Movin' Out...I loved this combo. My kids were enthralled by my colour changing nail polish.







2 coats of OPI Movin' Out over Zoya Janna
 I haven't done Movin' Out justice but trust me this combo was amazing! It let the colours of Movin' Out shine but added that extra depth and opacity that it needed.

8 comments:

  1. That looks incredible!! which collection is OPI Movin' Out from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this combo. I've got a vague feeling I may have movin' out in my stash - I hope so because I need to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Combo, it really is very pretty. I hadn't given much thought to this polish before this post but it is now on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create so many lemmings for me!! They are so pretty! Movin out is stunning.

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing this color around the blogs lately, and think this is the first time I've seen it over grey! Great match up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cristina: Movin' Out is from the Holiday on Broadway collection which was around 2003? Either way it's an older polish but you can still find it on ebay. Mine was $10.

    I'm glad everyone else loves this combo! I feel the more neutral base allows Movin' Out to really shine :)

    ReplyDelete