Friday, December 16, 2011

OPI: Retro Fun in the Sun

Today is my first official day of summer. School finished yesterday and between writing reports, moving classrooms and generally stressing out...I can finally breathe again!

Moving classrooms is not a fun job. No one wants to come in and do it after school has finished. So you end up doing it in the last couple of days before school finishes. The kids are generally high as kites and the teachers slightly grumpy. Not a good mix. Luckily my mum is a wonderful lady who was very generous to spend all Wednesday afternoon at school with me helping me move things to my new classroom. The year 5 boys were wonderful and helped move the furniture for me on Thursday morning and my kids were pretty good as the hung out in the library until the final assembly.

Although today is the first official day of my summer...the weather is shocking. it's raining and just basically wet and miserable. The collection I have to show you today is a summery fun collection full of sunshine...doesn't really fit the day...but i can dream of the beaches in Rarotonga!

So here is the OPI Retro Fun in the Sun collection and oldie, but a goodie.

Sit Under the Apple Tree

Give Me a Coral Sometime

Sea ya Later, Sailor!

Lemonade Stand by Your Man

Calendar Girl

Peach-a-Boo!
Six fun and summery shimmer shades. I really like the collection. Yes they are unbearable sheer but i love adding them on top of a jelly or a creme for a bit of instant shimmer. The blue, Sea ya Later, Sailor and the green, Sit Under the Apple Tree are so fun to layer with. I particularly like layering them over neutral greys, browns and khaki tones.

Now I'm off to head into school and retrieve the Christmas tree from my new classroom. I promised mum she could have it for Christmas. Talking off Christmas trees I'll post my one soon...I'm very proud of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love See Ya Later Sailor over black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Sit Under the Apple Tree today at Ulta. It was on clearance and looked so pretty in the bottle so I snatched it right up. Unfortunately, I didn't do my "sheerness test" that I do with every polish I buy and didn't realize how see through this one was! I have it on my accent finger right now with FOUR coats.. I will definitely only be using this one for layering.. what a pain!

    ReplyDelete