Wednesday, September 19, 2012

China Glaze New Bohemian

The only 'fall' collection I fell head over heels for and totally needed was the China Glaze New Bohemian collection.

When I saw the promo pics I though... meh, don't need. I'm not even that keen on duo-chromes.
Then I saw swatch pics. Every time I saw another swatch I needed to buy the polishes more and more.

I eventually caved and bought the complete set. In my defense I still haven't bought the OPI Minnie Mouse polishes, Spiderman, NY Ballet or Germany polishes. I have a lot of polishes to catch up on! Darn you indie polish spending!



Deviantly Daring


Rare and Radiant 


Swanky Silk


Want My Bawdy


No Plain Jane


Unpredictable
Definitely a collection I needed.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, this collection disappointed me. I'm not a huge duochrome fan, but somehow I hoped that this would have a wow factor that would convert me. While the shades look really lovely on you, I plan on passing on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about duo-chromes...
      I thought I was passing on these...but they jumped into my cart!

      Delete
  2. Not sure how you ended up without brush strokes from these. I tried them out and everyone was a stoke mess. Funny - I passed easy on this collection - mostly because it was too frosty looking for my taste - but your photos don't look that frosty. Skip backtracking to get Minnie anything - kind of a snooze. Spiderman - well not too much there other than I do like My Boyfriend Scales Walls to use as a non optic white base for stamping. Nemisis is a good dupe for Chanel's Peridot but you have this one here from ChG and there are a ton of dupes out there for Peridot. NYC Ballet you NEED to get Pirouette my Whistle. Nothing IMO too earth shattering in the Germany collection. I think over all OPI has kind of failed me this yr. Maybe I will love a few of the Skywalker (Bond 007) collection when it comes out next month. I have great hopes for the 24k topper if it's not going to just be like one they did for Sephora. If it really lays flat and looks like gold leaf flecks it will be hot selling and hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I didn't get brushes strokes. A number of my brushes were wonky (like half of them).

      Yeah I plan on passing on most of the OPI's this year. My Boyfriend Scales Walls is on my to buy list. I saw a few I wanted from the Germany collection... but nothing I've felt I have too buy.

      We shall see about the Bond ones...

      Delete